Visitors to Lime Tree Holiday Park are always welcomed with a smile, and our helpful team are always on hand.
We are surrounded by farm land and mountain trails with a lovely view of the railway viaduct. We are also the closest holiday park to Buxton (£3.80 taxi ride to anywhere in Buxton Town Centre or a 20-25 minute walk). Lime Tree Holiday Park is a quiet 4-star, friendly site suitable for mature couples and families. Close by are a range of lovely walks, pubs & restaurants, Morrison supermarket (3 minutes) and attractions to visit.
We are a peaceful rural site so if you want loud parties our site is not the one for you.
Buxton is one of most popular tourist destinations in the Peak District famed for its natural spring water and Georgian architecture. It was the fifth Duke of Devonshire who put Buxton on the map with development in 1780s – the centrepiece being the Georgian Crescent (soon to be a 5* Spa Hotel). Visitors to Buxton can fill their own bottles from the permanent flow at St Anne’s Well in front of the Crescent.
For the children, there is a small adventure playground, a games room with pool table, kiddies corner and television with DVD’s to keep everyone occupied whatever the weather. At reception we have a wide range of local information, maps and ideas for local walks, places to eat and even local takeaway menus. Do not hesitate to ask our friendly staff for ideas.
We have a village style shop selling essentials, treats, local produce and ice block freezing facility. A laundry with washer, dryer and ironing facilities, a microwave for heating infant’s food and gas cylinder exchange is also available. There is also a Butchers shop for your BBQ meats and animals at the farm onsite to have a look at. We also have the Discover Buxton tram that gives guests a tour to Buxton Town centre.
Dogs… you are most welcome at Lime Tree Park and we have some lovely dog walks and dog friendly pubs close available.
- A small children’s play area with swing, slide etc
- Games room with a pool table (50p) & TV
- Only a £3.80 taxi to the centre of town
- We have a selection of discount vouchers at local attractions, pubs & restaurants
- Large open field near the non-electric camping area & a large dog exercising field
- Free WiFi Hotspot Zone in the information room & near reception
- Village-style shop selling a range of food, camping supplies, toys etc with Morrisons supermarket just down the road
- Onsite local farm butchers open at the weekends (facebook page)
- Book exchange area
- Calor and camping gaz exchange
- 2 toilet blocks with showers (please note, only 1 block may be open according to the time of season). Showers are free of charge
- Shaver points
- Laundry room with coin-operated washing machines, dryers, ironing facilities and sink for hand-washing
- Pot-washing facilities
- Water points
- Disabled washroom facilities (please note the Peak District is known for being hilly)
- Freezer facilities for freezing icepacks
- Recycling facilities
- Exclusive to Lime Tree Park, hop on the Discover Buxton tram from reception and journey to Buxton town centre
- Dogs are welcome on site, as long as they are kept on a lead at all times.