Lime Tree Park is surrounded by farms and fields for dogs to enjoy. We have some lovely dog walks and local pubs that are dog friendly. Onsite there is a dog exercising field and a few different walks direct from the park. Whilst onsite dogs should be kept on leads and dogs are requested to be kept away from the kids playground. Call into reception and ask the staff for further details.
There is a maximum of TWO dogs per unit – rotweilers, Alsatians & similar breeds that people are uneasy about camping alongside are not accepted. If you are in any doubt please phone and ask. Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times including the doggie walk and kept on a short tether at the caravan or tent so they cannot reach children or passing pedestrians. Accidental poops on the park must be removed immediately or the owner will be required to leave without refund.
- Dogs are not allowed in the children’s playground.
- Dogs cannot be left alone in a caravan or tent no matter how short the time.
Tip – Dog friendly pubs
- The Cheshire Cheese Inn, The 8th Titanic Brewery pub 01298 212453 (SK17 6HA, 3 mins) producing local beers & home cooked food, dog friendly inside the pub.
- Church Inn, Chelmorton, Buxton 01298 85319 (SK17 9SL, 8 mins) dog & family friendly, traditional pub with home cooked, good ales. Check out the specials board. Mention you want a table in the dog section when booking.
- Wetherspoons, The Wye Bridge House, 01298 70932 (SK17 7DJ, 4 mins) Breakfasts etc, dog friendly outside only. Discount voucher.
- The Railway Inn, Greene King Pub, 01298 71435 (SK17 6BS, 5 mins) Pub food with free Wifi & flame grills. The pub has an inside section available which is dog friendly
- The Duke in Burbage 01298 78781 (SK17 6UR, 6 mins) traditional pub away from town, dog friendly.
- The Old Sun Inn (next to The Cheshire Cheese pub) 01298 23452 (SK17 6HA, 3 mins) A british pub, with home cooked food & dog friendly.
Tip – Dog friendly walks
There is a small farm walk which takes approx 30-40 mins. Other walks include to Solomon’s Temple / Buxton Country Park, along the Monsal Trail, High Peak/Tissington Trails from Parsley Hay or visit the reservoir’s (Tittesworth, Carsington, Upper Derwent Valley) plus our dog exercising field onsite near the entrance. Visit our walks page for further details.
Tip – Dog friendly taxi
A2Z Cars 01298 24455 for behaved dogs. Mention at the time of booking that you have a dog.
A new directory of attractions & places to eat will be launching soon. In the meantime below are a few pages of local information.
- Cycling & walking near Lime Tree Holiday Park
- Pubs & restaurants near Lime Tree Holiday Park
- Local events near Lime Tree Holiday Park
- Things to do on a rainy day near Lime Tree Holiday Park
- Fishing near to Lime Tree Holiday Park
- Golf courses & driving ranges near Lime Tree Holiday Park
- Directory listings of places to visit near Lime Tree Holiday Park